In 2002, the Highland Cattle Foundation was established as a Section 501(c)(3) corporation.
The need for the Foundation arose so potential benefactors wishing to donate funds to support the Highland breed would have the full benefit of a charitable deduction for federal tax purposes.
The goals of the Foundation are:
- Providing scholarships to junior AHCA members.
- Preserving Highland genetics by providing semen to the National Animal Germplasm Program (NAGP).
- Supporting educational projects, including the AHCA Highland Breeder’s Guide.
- Making selected research grants.
The Highland Cattle Foundation Board of Directors is composed of:
- Mark Schulz
- Bill Roberts
- Wally Congdon
- Cindy Weideman
- Ginnah Moses
- Jim Welch – Director Emeritus
Individuals interested in supporting the Highland breed are encouraged to consider the Foundation as part of their annual charitable giving plan. Estate distribution is very welcome and can be included as part of an overall giving plan.
for Highland Cattle Foundation - What You Should Know